Two people were sentenced to serious time for waving a confederate flag at an African American child’s birthday party in Georgia while pointing guns and hurling the n-word at partygoers.
Kayla Rae Norton, 25, and Jose Ismael Torres, 26, were apart of a group called “Respect the Flag,” who drove around in a group with Confederate flags on their trucks, threatening and pointing weapons at African-Americans around Paulding and Douglas counties
Video footage, which was taken just weeks after Dylann Roof’s massacre in Charleston, shows a group of trucks with the flags hanging off of the beds, driving through a birthday party shouting the n-word.
Superior Court Judge William McClain believed that the incident was a hate crime, and he sentenced Torres and Norton accordingly. Torres received 20 years, 13 of which will be served in prison, for aggravated assault, terroristic threats and street gang terrorism. Norton was sentenced to 15, serving six, for terroristic threats and street gang terrorism.
- 1 Marvel Comics Legend Stan Lee Accused of Sexual Harassment
- 2 Paula White, Trump's Spiritual Advisor Demands Donations of up to One Month's Salary From Followers
- 3 A Walmart in Montana Disrespects Professor by Putting 'Clean Toilets' Down as Profession on Fishing License
- 4 Samsung to Launch the Galaxy S9 in February 2018
- 5 Simone Biles Allegedly Abused by Doctor Larry Nassar
News1 day ago
A Walmart in Montana Disrespects Professor by Putting ‘Clean Toilets’ Down as Profession on Fishing License
Politics3 days ago
Paula White, Trump’s Spiritual Advisor Demands Donations of up to One Month’s Salary From Followers
Politics6 days ago
University of Chicago Faculty Want Obama Library Moved
News6 days ago
State Rep. Steve Alford Thinks Black People are Genetically Unable To Handle Marijuana
Sports2 days ago
Simone Biles Allegedly Abused by Doctor Larry Nassar