Man Dies and 9 Hospitalized After Eating Nachos in Sacramento | The Urban Twist
Connect with us

Food

Man Dies and 9 Hospitalized After Eating Nachos in Sacramento

Martin Galindo, a family man, has died after eating nachos bought at a gas station. 9 others were hospitalized.

Pascal Mnyika

Published

on

Nachos from a Gas station in Sacramento are believed to be the cause of death of a family man, Martin Galindo, and the sickness of 9 other people who allegedly ate the nachos from the Sacramento-based Gas Station.


In an unfortunate turn of events in Sacramento around 9 people are believed to have contracted botulism after eating nachos from a gas station just outside Sacramento after an innocent bid to satisfy pangs of hunger.  Allegedly the cause of the illness was the nacho cheese sauce that the patients had consumed form the gas station.

The Sacramento County Department of Health and Human Services went ahead to provide a statement last week on the same providing even further proof that the allegations might be true which read “appears to be prepared food, particularly nacho cheese sauce” from a gas station in Walnut Grove.

Botulism is a bacterium that is said to cause 145 cases of human illness per year in the United States. According to the CDC, the chances of an outbreak are rare but it can be fatal with the death toll estimated to occur in 3-5% of the patients.

In a report by CNN affiliate KTXL, another victim of the incident Lavinia Kelly was hospitalized after putting the nacho cheese sauce on some Doritos chips on the 21st of April.

KTXL got in touch with Kelly’s sister who confirmed the reports as she explained the ordeal when she got a phone call from her ill sister “My phone rings and I pick up the phone and it’s her, and she can’t articulate a word,” she says.  She went ahead to narrate that at first, she thought her sister was going to die.  Kelly has apparently spent more than three weeks in the intensive care unit, according to the KTXL report.

Advertisement
Comments

Trending