Ahead of the Tupac biopic, All Eyez On Me, Atlantic City rapper JOMO is giving us similar vibes of the Death Row rhymer in his What I Want EP.
Between his booming voice and slow flow, it’s hard not to think of Tupac. Although it’s unknown just how much this is done on purpose, he pulls it off successfully. (Tupac is listed as one of his inspirations along with Biggie Smalls, Method Man, 50 Cent and Drake.)
The title track off of the EP is featured in the 2015 film Battle Scars. In it, JOMO raps about how he wants “to live the life I see on TV,” amongst other things.
Another stand-out is “I’m SO Ole’ School” where the rhymer talks about being of the old era.
In the end, we get a classic hip-hop feel that’s worth a listen for any hip-hop head.
Check out the single from the EP below and stream the entire 8-track EP here. And make sure to let us know if you agree with whether or not the rhymer sounds like Tupac in the comments.
- 1 James O’Keefe Allegedly Instructed By Trump to Steal Obama's School Records
- 2 Teen Shoots Another Teen For Selling Him Spices Instead of Weed
- 3 Q&A: Triple Threat Rich Ting Talks Acting, Modeling, and Being A Stuntman in Hollywood
- 4 A Walmart in Montana Disrespects Professor by Putting 'Clean Toilets' Down as Profession on Fishing License
- 5 Simone Biles Allegedly Abused by Doctor Larry Nassar
Politics1 day ago
James O’Keefe Allegedly Instructed By Trump to Steal Obama’s School Records
News6 days ago
A Walmart in Montana Disrespects Professor by Putting ‘Clean Toilets’ Down as Profession on Fishing License
Entertainment1 day ago
Q&A: Triple Threat Rich Ting Talks Acting, Modeling, and Being A Stuntman in Hollywood
News4 days ago
Teen Shoots Another Teen For Selling Him Spices Instead of Weed