The Urban Twist (www.theurbantwist.com) is a daily digital magazine, revolutionizing the news by delivering real-time coverage, breaking news, analysis and opinion on the arts, fashion, dining, music, events, politics, sports and society in general. The Urban Twist is an online news magazine where you can make, break, shape, and share the news as it happens.
The Urban Twist does not simply report on the news that it covers, but also it fosters real-time conversation by encouraging their audience to participate in the discussions from within each post.
Our crack editorial team can lead by example and offer help, but check out our FAQ first, or post in the Forum to learn from the people who have come before you. Get peer assistance, mentorship, and conversation with veterans, other newbies, and staff.
Want to know what company you’re in? Check out the characteristics of a typical contributor and learn what you should include in your own onsite profile. Love NowPublic so much you want it in your inbox? Get an RSS feed. Have a comment to make on someone else’s story? Keep it clean by following our Code of Conduct. See you online – now go out there and make friends.
- Who Can Contribute?
- Posting a Profile
- NowPublic Editorial Team
- Code of Conduct
- RSS Feeds
TUT was founded in 2006 by 5 college friends who just wanted to talk about any and everything related to urban culture, but as the website grew, it expanded to include several mainstream and more popular stories as well.
After imagining a more enticing online experience, they set out to create…
- An amplified outlet for writers whose unique voices were routinely drowned out by cookie-cutter analysts and celebrity “experts”
- A localized network for readers whose favorite teams were routinely under-covered by national wire services and mainstream news corporations
- A civilized community for commenters whose intelligent debates were routinely overrun by message-board blowhards and mean-spirited trolls.
- A next-generation digital publishing platform that equips contributors with all the formatting options, multimedia tools, and training resources they need to captivate restless online audiences
- A data-driven content creation process that merges inputs from elite writers, veteran editors, and expert market analysts to meet real-time consumer demand
- A deftly-curated content distribution system that channels articles through prestigious partner sites, customized mobile apps, and the Web’s most popularteam- and topic-specific newsletters to reach readers whenever and however they want to be reached
B/R may have outgrown the “start-up” label, but we’re still driven by the same test-and-learn culture that got us over the hump. Wherever we go from here, it’s a sure bet that we’ll always be in the business of engineering uniquely engaging experiences for creators and consumers of digital sports content.
Bleacher Report’s core mission is to revolutionize the way sports fans learn, think, and talk about their favorite teams and topics. That’s why we judge all of our innovation efforts by their impact on user satisfaction, with the ultimate goal of enhancing B/R’s status as a brand the world counts on to provide…
- An empowering opportunity for every contributor hoping to establish his or her voice in a vibrant community of knowledgable and passionate peers
- An entertaining experience for every consumer hoping to indulge his or her appetite with a rich diet of team- and topic-specific content
- An engaging environment for every user hoping to speak his or her mind on an exhaustive range of timely and provocative news items
- An exceptional platform for every marketer hoping to position its brand message before the focused eyes of an engrossed and expansive audience
Today, B/R connects millions of fans to the teams and sports they care about. As we expand the scope of our next-generation publishing model, we’ll continue to create value in every phase of the content cycle—and with a little luck, we may yet leave behind a blueprint for meaningful media success in the 21st century.