Breaking news means traffic in many cases. Even if you didn’t break the news yourself.
When there’s a big news story like when a celebrity unexpectedly dies, a celebrity giving birth, or even just a juicy rumor it’s always worth publishing a blog post, but there’s a very specific way you should do it.
First of all, you should link to the news story. Find the most authoritative source you can and link to it. Make the link part of your content, not separate.
It’s also important to do more than simply republish the news story. If you do that, then your article is just a pale imitation of the original newspaper story. As mentioned in the general writing tips, you should have your own voice and maybe add some opinion or humor.
Back to TheUrbanTwist.com Writers Guide.
- 1 Marvel Comics Legend Stan Lee Accused of Sexual Harassment
- 2 Paula White, Trump's Spiritual Advisor Demands Donations of up to One Month's Salary From Followers
- 3 A Walmart in Montana Disrespects Professor by Putting 'Clean Toilets' Down as Profession on Fishing License
- 4 Samsung to Launch the Galaxy S9 in February 2018
- 5 Simone Biles Allegedly Abused by Doctor Larry Nassar