When writing for TheUrbanTwist.com, you should be using external sources to gather both news and ideas.
When referencing a news story, it’s important to link to that story. Not just because it’s the honest thing to do, but also because it establishes trust with the reader.
The actual technique for inserting hyperlinks is explained in the using WordPress section of this guide. This is a guide to where to place those links.
Don’t use anchor text such as “click here” or “this”. The anchor text (which means: the text that is being used as the link) should be a natural part of your sentence. It should also be just a few words. No more than four or five. Here are three good examples:
2. This is utter nonsense,” Burnett said. “The actor who played Satan, Mehdi Ouzaani, is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics — including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our President.”
3. If you were at the Best Buy in Secaucus, NJ yesterday, you may have encountered the Billikens basketball team who made an impromptu stop at the electronics giant after being delayed by traffic on their way to catch their charter flight at the Teterboro Airport.
Notice how all these links are short, do not interfere with the text, and also make it clear as to what is being linked to.
Back to TheUrbanTwist.com Writer’s Guide.
- 1 Black Panther Actor and Radio Show Host, Jeff Hodges, on the Iconic Movie and More
- 2 How Eric Johnson Makes Pittsburgh Proud?
- 3 The Genius is Common Movement Hits Baltimore. What's YOUR Genius?
- 4 The Black Panther breaks the box office on opening weekend
- 5 Baltimore Community Leaders Seek to Bridge Gap Between Mother & Sons