Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins of TLC fame has filed for bankruptcy…for the second time in the last nine months.
Watkins was one-third of a group that released ten top ten singles, four number one singles, four multi-platinum albums, and won four Grammy Awards.
She already entered a bankruptcy protection filing with the US Bankruptcy Court of Northern District of Georgia in February.
Her attorney Peter Bricks Monday declined to comment, but TMZ looked into the Duluth resident’s bankruptcy filing, and found the 41-year-old singer’s lack of an income was her biggest concern:
- Her total assets are worth $1.716 million. Her liabilities total $768n,642.99.
- Her monthly income is averaging $11,700 (including $1,200 from TLC royalties) Her estimated monthly expenses are $8,821.
- Her property is worth $1.2 million. She owes $740,470.03. She has $1,000 cash in hand. Various household goods are valued at $100,000, including $75,000 worth of clothingand three vehicles (a 2001 Escalade, 2005 Odyssey and 2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500) worth a total of $45,500.
- She claims her ex-husband ‘Mack 10? owes her $250,000 in child-support payments.
- She is in arrears by $105,000 on a $577,000 primary mortgage, and $3,400 on a $153,000 second mortgage on her home.
I know that T-Boz is technically better off than a lot of others in her situation but I just find it kind of crazy for her to be a part of one of the most popular music acts of all time and only have $1.716 million in assets. Here’s hoping for T-Boz having a very fast and speedy financial recovery.