The MTS format is commonly used to store HD video on AVCHD and Blu-ray discs. Because of their high resolution, MTS files can get pretty large. To be played on portable players and other mobile devices, MTS files need to be converted to a more appropriate format.
As much as MTS is a fairly popular format, there are times when you may find that you aren’t able to play it. Certain Android devices, in particular, require special players in order to view MTS files, and some set-top boxes and DVD players may not be able to play it at all.
Best Options for the Conversion:
- In contrast to MTS, MP4 has a much wider compatibility range and most devices generally support it. That is why if you’d like to be able to easily view a video on various devices, using Movavi Video Converter to convert it from MTS to MP4 would be a good idea.
- Rest assured it isn’t difficult to convert any videos between formats using Movavi Video Converter, and you should have no problem setting it up. In fact, all that you need to do to use it as a MTS to MP4 converter is to add the MTS video, choose MP4 as the target format, and click on the ‘Convert’ button.
- To elaborate, you should first launch Movavi Video Converter and click on the ‘Add Media’ then ‘Add Video’ button and select the MTS video that you want to convert. Once it appears in the main working area, you should then open up the ‘Video’ tab near the bottom and select the ‘MP4’ category.
- Within the ‘MP4’ category you’ll find several presets with different resolutions, and you can select the one that you want. If you don’t want Movavi Video Converter to alter the resolution of the video, just pick the preset labeled ‘Original Size’.
- When Movavi Video Converter converts a video, it will automatically save it into the ‘Destination’ folder. To set that folder, click on the ‘folder’ icon near the ‘Save to’ field so that you know where it will be. Once that is done, you can click ‘Convert’ to start converting the video itself.
Although that’s all you need to know to convert MTS to MP4 or any other video formats for that matter, it is worth noting there are other features in Movavi Video Converter that you may want to try. In particular, it can be used to convert audio and video files, compress videos, create animated GIFs, extract audio tracks, edit and improve video footage, or resize videos by several different methods.
If you want to take advantage of these features you should make it a point to try them out. As you’ll see they are designed to be intuitive, and it shouldn’t take you very long to figure out how they work. In fact, all in all, it will probably just take you a few minutes to familiarize yourself with Movavi Video Editor as a whole and explore its full scope of capabilities.