Are you a freelance writer that is looking to get your name out there? Are you a journalist and/or blogger who covers the news? Do you write film, music, and/or video game reviews? Do you talk about politics? How about sports?
Do you know how to discover trends? Are you able to discover and write about topics that you know are about to go viral?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we might have an opportunity for you.
The Urban Twist is a leading News Aggregator and Original News publication that currently employs dozens of online writers. We give our opinions or “twist” to the news that primarily details and define “urban” culture but doesn’t entirely make that the focal point of each story. Stories should be relatable and identifiable amongst different sects of people.
Our platform currently reaches more than 300,000 readers per month.
The Urban Twist is a Google News, Yahoo News and Bing News accredited website so one of the perks of writing for us, is that your article can be picked up and possibly syndicated to a much larger audience.
The Urban Twist is currently seeking up to 100 News Writers to join our rapidly expanding team of writers as The Urban Twist continues to grow with more writers, new areas of coverage and a recently redesigned website.
AREAS OF WANT
- Trending News & Topics
- Conducting Interviews
- Film and Music Reviews
- Video Game Reviews
- Sporting Events
- Romance Columns
- Trend-spotting in music and the music business
WHAT AND WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Writers with a witty, conversational tone and distinct voice/style.
- Familiarity with WordPress and image editing.
- Writers with the time and ability to update multiple times per day. Night shift slots are open but we’re searching people available during the day.
- Some understanding of RSS feeds, Twitter, Google Alerts, etc.
- Familiarity with not only urban culture but pop culture is very important.
- The ability to self-edit, fact-check and follow existing formatting guidelines, style and procedures already in use at TUT.
- For shorter entries, the ability to contribute with several posts per week. Writers who wish to contribute reviews and lengthier pieces should be able to produce one to two articles per week.
- Must have active accounts on Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT AND WHO WE AREN’T LOOKING FOR
- Someone lacking self-discipline or motivation. If you can’t commit, don’t apply.
- AP-style dry journalism
- Long-winded writing and/or blathering that leads to nowhere.
- Writers who are too trapped in the past. We love nostalgia, too, but we’re looking for the now and what’s next.
We have volunteer and paid positions available.
For our paid positions, we are only looking for ambitious writers who are looking to actively contribute to the site on a daily basis, preferably multiple articles per day and the desire to take on assignments which include reviews, guides, list-style articles, and more.
You will need to meet weekly requirements for article quotas and monthly requirements for traffic quotas.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to apply, you can get started by going here.
Please Note: Due to the nature of the call, we won’t be able to reply to every submission and the process may take several weeks before we contact prospective writers.