BTS, the seven-member boy’s band from Seoul, South Korea, is coming to MetLife Stadium on May 23 and 24, 2020!
Taking the world by storm, BTS is one of the most popular boy bands and well-known for their energy on stage. Their hit song “Boy With Luv,” which is their new single with Halsey, is the most-viewed YouTube music video in its first 24 hours. According to Billboard, they were also the most-tweeted celebrities in 2017 and 2018. They won the Billboard Music Award for Top Social Artists of the Year in 2017, leaving behind established celebrities like Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez.
A Map to the Map of the Soul Tour
The Map of the Soul Tour kicks off April 25 in the U.S. If you were one of the lucky ones and grabbed great tickets MetLife shows, get ready for a fun time! The tickets left are all verified resale.
Map of the Soul: 7 is the latest album of BTS and their most smashing album so far. You get to see their mastery over various pop styles. All about overcoming fears, this album contains 20 tracks, including collaborations with great international artists like Troye Sivan and Sia.
Apart from Map of the Soul: 7, BTS will also be promoting their Map of the Soul: Persona E.P., as part of the Map of the Soul series, in this tour.
Where to Stay?
You should easily find many places to stay if you’re searching for a Jersey City hotel near Ellis Island. But you should book your hotel well in advance if you want to attend the BTS show in May.
The last show of BTS in May 2018 drew about 100,000 fans to the stadium. With their fan base increasing, there is no telling how many people will be traveling to New Jersey to attend this one. Here are the two most popular hotels for you to consider:
- Hyatt House, Jersey City – Located only 12 minutes away from MetLife Stadium, Hyatt House offers the perfect stay in Jersey City. Equipped with 258 rooms, the hotel offers free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour fitness center, and free grocery shopping services apart from the usual amenities. The roof-top bar is an added attraction. Manhattan would be a 15-minute drive from the hotel.
- Hilton Meadowlands – Six-minute drive from MetLife Stadium is Hilton Meadowlands, a high-rise conference hotel which is ten miles away from New York City. The amenities include a business center, a 24/7 fitness center, and free Wi-Fi.
What to Do After the Concert?
If you are planning to spend a few more days in Jersey City, there is a lot you can do. New York is just six miles away from the place. If you follow the Holland Tunnel access route, you should reach Manhattan in about 12 minutes. Here are a few things you can try if you want to kill time in New York:
- Indoor Skydiving – The themed wind tunnel of iFly Westchester lets you experience the thrill of risk-free skydiving with your family and friends.
- Relaxing massage – Check out the thermal baths and massages of Aire ancient baths for some relaxing and delightful time in New York City.
- Helicopter Tour – Soar above the skyline and see all the top landmarks of New York City as you enjoy the helicopter ride.
These are just a few. You are sure to discover a lot more fun things like these to enjoy your stay.
Make your Trip Memorable
Seeing BTS live in person is the dream of every BTS fan. You can’t even compare this experience to what you see on screen. And if you combine it with some fun time in New York City, you are sure to have a memorable vacation with friends and family.
*Disclaimer: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this event may get canceled. Please check on the event’s website for further details.
The Urban Twist is revolutionizing the news by delivering real-time coverage, breaking news, analysis and opinion on the arts, fashion, dining, music, events, politics, sports and society in general. It combines a highly regarded editorial team with a cutting-edge Web and mobile publishing platform to offer unique intelligence and insight.