Congo Struck With Second Ebola Outbreak

The province’s governor said that there were five likely cases, to which four of those infected had already died.

Four people have reportedly died from Ebola in a new outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the country’s health ministry confirmed on Monday.

Bobo Boloko Bolumbu, the province’s governor, spoke on national radio earlier today, saying there were five likely cases. He confirmed that four of those infected had already died.

Reports say that the virus killed 33 people in the country back in 2018.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the World Health Organization’s director general, later confirmed that six cases had actually been identified by Congo’s Health Ministry. He said the WHO’s response was already underway.

The news comes as the world is currently battling the coronavirus. However, no cases of the novel coronavirus have been confirmed in Mbandaka, although more than 3,000 have been confirmed across Congo.

The coronavirus and Ebola are unrelated.

Previous Article

Disrupting Peaceful George Floyd Protests with Rioting Blamed On White Agitators

Next Article

Billie Eilish & Pink Slam ‘All Lives Matter’ ‘White Privileged’ Trolls

Related Posts