People often think that once you hit a certain age, your sex life is effectively over. While many enjoy sex in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, many find that once they reach their 50s, things start to get a little awkward. This is not just down to emotions and stigmas but also due to health issues and changes in the body that can occur as you get older.
The good news is that even when you hit 55 and beyond, there is no reason why you shouldn’t enjoy a full and active sex life. While 55 may have seemed old many decades ago, these days, it is still considered to be a relatively young age and as such there is no reason why you should give up the ghost and resign yourself to a life without sex.
Some Steps to Help You Enjoy a Healthy Sex Life after 55
There are various tips that can help you to enjoy and maintain a healthy and exciting sex life even after you hit the age of 55 and beyond. Some of the steps you can take include:
1. Keep your muscles strong with regular exercise. Your muscles can become weaker as you age, so getting regular exercise will enable you to build your strength, which helps with
2.Use a penis pump to increase the size of your manhood. Shrinkage and difficulties in achieving erections are common as you get older. However, using one of these pumps can make all the difference.
3. Try to be adventurous. You don’t have to just put up with vanilla sex all the time just because you are in your 50s. Instead, be adventurous and try new things – you can surprise your partner and yourself.
4. Be intimate and not just sexual. You don’t have to rush things and try to get through the
5. See whether your medications are causing an issue. There are certain medications that may have a negative effect on libido and
6. Talk about things with your partner. If you feel that there are problems with your sex life as you get older, one thing you should always do is discuss it with your partner to see how it can be sorted out.
7. Use your imagination. Your sexual creativity and fantasies don’t just disappear when you hit the age of 55. So, be true to yourselves and use your imagination to act out your favorite fantasies with one another.
8. Have sex earlier on in the day. If you lead a busy life, you may feel especially tired by the end of the day, particularly as you get older. Having sex earlier on in the day such as in the morning could help.
9. Don’t be too serious. As we get older, we tend to be more serious about everything we do. This can make things like sex seem like a chore rather than a great way to have fun and show your love. So, try not to be too serious and think back to your younger days.
10. Use a good lubricant. Age affects women as much as men when it comes to sexual ability, so one of the things you should do is discuss using a good lubricant to make things more comfortable and enjoyable for your partner.
All of these provide you with an insight with regards to enjoying sex after the age of 55.