It’s that time of year, Christmas music is playing all around, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care and the kids will be out of school soon. It’s a perfect time to bring back an old family tradition, holiday movies.
There are so many Christmas-themed movies that it would take you the whole year to try to watch them all. With the kids out of school and family gathering for the holidays, it’s a perfect time to make some cocoa, pop some popcorn and gather around as a family to enjoy some holiday-themed classics.
There’s a holiday movie for every type of movie lover. Would you believe Die Hard can fall in the Christmas category? So tell even the most die hard action fan not to fret. In fact, here’s an idea, let each family member pick a holiday themed movie to watch as a family during the holiday season. That way no family member feels like none of the movies played are to their taste.
Don’t know where to start in choosing? Here’s 10 movies that every adult and kid at heart alike should love and why.
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer – The story of this special little reindeer shows us that sometimes different is just what’s needed.
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas – Can anything melt the icy heart of the mean old Grinch? Kids and kids at heart alike will love this family friendly movie.
- Home Alone – This hilarious action packed comedy reminds us all to cherish our family, even if they drive us crazy.
- Frosty The Snowman – This holiday story of wonder and fancy has enchanted kids of all ages for years.
- Jack Frost – Such a touching story of just how far a father will go to prove his love at Christmas time.
- Miracle on 34th Street – Can this Santa be the real thing? Is it possible? You can’t help but love this movie.
- A Christmas Story – A Christmas classic that will leave the whole family in stitches.
- It’s A Wonderful life – A lesson on why it’s better to give than receive that might make you shed a tear. ( Don’t worry no one will tell.)
- A Christmas Carol – The cautionary tale of Ebeneezer Scrooge who’s visited by 3 ghosts to show him the error of his ways.
- Charlie Brown Christmas – This classic marked the first time the Peanuts characters came to life onscreen. It will leave you pondering the true meaning of Christmas.
There are so many more holiday movies to enjoy with the family. Christmas with the Kranks, Jingle All The Way, The Santa Claus, Scrooge are just a few. So grab the family, get your goodies and enjoy some time together. Holiday themed movies often convey messages of hope, charity, love, and togetherness and in this crazy world today that’s just what we need.
Entertainment6 days ago
Black Panther Actor and Radio Show Host, Jeff Hodges, on the Iconic Movie and More
Parenting4 days ago
Baltimore Community Leaders Seek to Bridge Gap Between Mother & Sons
Race & Culture3 days ago
The Genius is Common Movement Hits Baltimore. What’s YOUR Genius?
Entertainment20 hours ago
The Black Panther breaks the box office on opening weekend