Saturday, while attending an anti-hate rally in counterprotest to the white nationalist rally, Deandre Harris was severely beaten by a group of white supremacists armed with poles.
He was one of 30 individuals who were attacked during the demonstration, one woman and two officers died while others were injured.
After setting up a GoFundMe account for his medical bills where he collected over $100K in 24 hours Deandre speaks out publicly for the first time. “They were beating me with poles. I have eight staples in my head, a broken wrist and a chipped tooth,” Harris said. “I was losing so much blood the people at the hospital told me I was lucky,” he reassured him. He also details how he was able to survive, thanks to his friends noticing him and to a woman he only knows as Karen helping him to remain conscious.
- 1 Marvel Comics Legend Stan Lee Accused of Sexual Harassment
- 2 Paula White, Trump's Spiritual Advisor Demands Donations of up to One Month's Salary From Followers
- 3 A Walmart in Montana Disrespects Professor by Putting 'Clean Toilets' Down as Profession on Fishing License
- 4 Samsung to Launch the Galaxy S9 in February 2018
- 5 Simone Biles Allegedly Abused by Doctor Larry Nassar
News1 day ago
A Walmart in Montana Disrespects Professor by Putting ‘Clean Toilets’ Down as Profession on Fishing License
Politics3 days ago
Paula White, Trump’s Spiritual Advisor Demands Donations of up to One Month’s Salary From Followers
Politics6 days ago
University of Chicago Faculty Want Obama Library Moved
News6 days ago
State Rep. Steve Alford Thinks Black People are Genetically Unable To Handle Marijuana
Sports2 days ago
Simone Biles Allegedly Abused by Doctor Larry Nassar