To accomplish such a healthy life you can start by following these simple steps;
- Achieve good overall hygiene: Cleanliness is next to godliness, and staying clean is a sure-fire way to stay healthy.
Showering and brushing every day, prevents your body from housing microbes and organisms that can turn out to be a problem if you don’t wash them off your body. Same thing goes for clothes – Dirty clothes, especially underwear, become a breeding ground for harmful organisms and wearing those clothes transfers those organisms to your body.
Keeping good oral hygiene is also important. Dental experts, from Woodborough House Dental Practise, “… brushing and flossing twice a day to prevent your teeth from housing bacteria that can cause illnesses such as infertility, erectile dysfunction, heart and lung disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancers…”
- Exercise your body: One sure way to keep your mental, physical and overall health at its peak is to exercise daily. Fortunately, visiting the gym isn’t the only way to get some good exercise done. Sure you can jog, do squats and other exercises to keep fit, but doing chores around your home, dancing and even having sex are equally good forms of exercise – Better yet, they are enjoyable forms of exercise that’ll get you sweating and your endorphins squirting.
Asides from strengthening your muscles and bones, improving your cardiopulmonary health and endurance, exercise also has the following long term benefits;
- Releases neurotransmitters that improve your mood.
- Helps control your weight.
- Reduces your risk of developing cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and certain cancers.
- Improves your ability and dexterity at doing daily activities.
- And improves your chances of living a long and healthy life.
Whatever your exercise goals are, it is never too late to start.
- Exercise your mind: Learning something new every day keeps you mentally agile and alert, and has been proven by studies to help battle certain forms of mental illnesses such as stress, anxiety, depression, and so on.
Aside from the medical benefits, learning also strengthens character, makes us more interesting and more confident.
- Drink enough water: The benefits of drinking water, asides from staying hydrated, are tremendous. Being a wonder elixir, swigging water keeps your body healthy on a cellular level. Taking lots of water can also do you the following good;
- Gives you energy, flushes away fatigue and toxins
- Controls your weight
- Gives you healthier looking skin
- Helps improve your bowel movement
- Improves the immune system
Simply put, drinking 2 litres of water a day basically gives you superpowers.
- Get enough sleep: One easy way to stay healthy is to get enough sleep. But there’s no universal answer for how much sleep is enough sleep, so I’ll just say get the amount of sleep that’ll leave you feeling energized and ready to take on any challenge.
A healthy night’s rest will;
- Improve your memory and creativity.
- Sharpen your attention and help you avoid mistakes
- Help reduce your stress and avoid stress-related illnesses, such as high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, etc.