Are we even surprised these came out of his mouth?
We can always rely on Donald Trump to provide us with some of the most ridiculous and outrageous quotes that we’ll probably ever hear. So it’s no surprise that since announcing his candidacy for President, we’ve been exposed to even more ridiculousness from the businessman and TV personality.
Donald Trump is, above all else, an extremely quotable person. His presidential campaign is predicated, in large part, on his uncanny ability to produce industrial quantities of outrageous, off-the-cuff remarks to nearly anyone who asks.
And over the past four decades in the public eye, Trump has mastered the art of the sound bite—a mastery that helps explain why his campaign has received an estimated $2 billion in free media coverage.
We’ve collected 30 of Donald Trump’s most eyebrow-raising quotes and comments, collected from interviews, articles, and tweets. Some of these quotes are horrifying—the kind of things you’d be shocked to hear a distant relative say, nevermind the potential leader of the free world.
If you want more quotes from Donald Trump about issues you can visit this page.
1. “They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists,” Trump said of undocumented Mexican immigrants while announcing his candidacy last June.
2. “As has been stated continuously in the press, people are pouring across our borders unabated. Public reports routinely state great amounts of crime are being committed by illegal immigrants. This must be stopped and it must be stopped now.”
3. “We’re going to build the wall, and we’re going to stop it. It’s going to end,” Trump said at a campaign stop in March, referring to illegal immigration.
4. “We want people to come into our country…legally, legally,” Trump said.
5. “As president …. I would be very, very tough on the borders, and I would be not allowing certain people to come into this country without absolute perfect documentation,” said Trump, campaigning to become the Republican nominee for the Nov. 8 election that will decide on Obama’s successor.
6. “We want people to come into our country but they have to come into our country legally,” Trump said as the crowd roared its approval.
7. When asked if he’d send 50,000 immigrants back, Trump said, “They’re going to have to go out. They can come back, but they’re gonna have to go out.”
8. “As far as Planned Parenthood is concerned, I’m pro-life,” Trump asserted on the debate stage at the University of Houston.
9. “I’m pro-life, but with the caveats. It’s: Life of the mother (very important), incest and rape,” Trump said.
10. “Look, Planned Parenthood has to stop with the abortions,” he told host Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
11. “I am against abortion… and that is a tremendous amount of the work they do,” he said in regards to whether or not he is against defending Planned Parenthood.
12. “We’re going to cherish the Second Amendment,” Trump said during a May 7 campaign stop in Washington state.
13. During his kickoff speech in June, Trump vowed to “fully support and back up the Second Amendment.”
14. Trump did say that he would “eliminate job-killing regulations” and “have massive tax reform and simplification.”
15. “I’m not talking about a tax increase. I’m talking about a tremendous tax decrease, OK?” Trump said on the Fox Business Network, saying proposals always change in negotiations with Congress but that he was committed to cutting taxes.
16. Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump also told Indiana voters in April that steel trade with China was “not fair trade, it’s not free trade — it’s stupid trade for our country.”
17. By contrast, Donald Trump recently declared that Chinese membership in the WTO “enabled the greatest jobs theft in history.”
18. “I want surveillance and I don’t care, are you ready for this, are you ready,” Trump asked the crowd.
19. “These people always hit me with eminent domain, and frankly I’m not in love with eminent domain,” Trump said.
20. Trump added that “when eminent domain is used on a person’s property, they get a fortune. And if they’re smart they’ll get two or three times the value of their property.”
21. That also goes for police officers, Trump said: “We must maintain law and order at the highest level or we will cease to have a country.”
22. Trump continued: “Crime is harming too many citizens. Racial tensions have gotten worse, not better. This isn’t the American Dream we all want for our children.”
23. “I’m a tremendous believer in education, but education has to be at a local level. We cannot have the bureaucrats in Washington telling you how to manage your child’s education,” Trump said.
24. “They’re in college — they’re doing well but they’ve got student loans up to the neck. They’re swimming in these loans,” Trump told The Hill during an interview in July, shortly after he entered the race.
25. “Veterans should be guaranteed the right to choose their doctor,” Mr. Trump said to the cheering crowd.
26. “Every veteran will get timely access to top quality medical care — every veteran,” Trump said during a campaign event in Virginia Beach.
27. Speaking in North Dakota, Trump announced his “America First” energy plan in which he said “American energy dominance will be declared a strategic economic and foreign policy goal of the United States.”
28. Trump says that “people in the 1920s thought the Earth was cooling, now it’s global warming,” implying that all subsequent climate science is nonsense.
29. Trump warns Obama: “EPA is an impediment to both growth and jobs.”
30. “I’m a huge believer in clean air,” Donald Trump said June 28 on CNN’s State of the Union.
- 1 Black Panther Actor and Radio Show Host, Jeff Hodges, on the Iconic Movie and More
- 2 How Eric Johnson Makes Pittsburgh Proud?
- 3 The Genius is Common Movement Hits Baltimore. What's YOUR Genius?
- 4 The Black Panther breaks the box office on opening weekend
- 5 Baltimore Community Leaders Seek to Bridge Gap Between Mother & Sons
Entertainment7 days ago
Black Panther Actor and Radio Show Host, Jeff Hodges, on the Iconic Movie and More
Parenting5 days ago
Baltimore Community Leaders Seek to Bridge Gap Between Mother & Sons
Race & Culture4 days ago
The Genius is Common Movement Hits Baltimore. What’s YOUR Genius?
Entertainment2 days ago
The Black Panther breaks the box office on opening weekend
Food20 hours ago
How Eric Johnson Makes Pittsburgh Proud?
News1 day ago
What To Do After a Car Accident